As a dancer, rhythmic gymnast and synchronized swimmer during childhood, creative movement had always been part of my life. Yoga adds the spiritual and meditational element to the pure joy of movement, which is what makes it so complete to me. I took my first formal yoga class in 2010, while at university in Philadelphia.
However, yoga truly found me at age 22, while I was living in Rome. In search for something to both ground me and elevate my spirits again, I came across a yoga studio, and it became my safe space. Yoga connected my mind and body again, it brought me awareness of breath that I had been holding in from stress. Energy and love for life started to flow again, I began to learn that the practice was my way to find truth and beauty inside and out, without depending on material things or other people.
I decided to do my first Yoga Teacher Training in India in 2015. Since then, I have been back to India three times and have grown a deep love and sense of home there, too.
I believe there is no such thing as being “good” at yoga – it’s a personal journey that embraces our diversity. All bodies are different, our minds are in their own places – in my yoga practice I hope to show how embracing these small differences ultimately strengthens us as a beautiful one. To me, asanas lead us to meditation of the mind, and a calm mind generates awareness of the body – they go hand in hand. I believe in challenges and striving for growth while always being kind and gentle to ourselves, all while harmonising breath, body and mind. That, to me, is yoga.
- B.A. in Sociology from the University of Pennsylvania
- Attended regular Yoga classes in West Philadelphia, focusing on Hatha and Bikram
- Fulbright Scholarship in Italy
- Student at RYoga in Rome, encouraged to embark on Yoga Teacher Training by teacher Francesca
- RYT 200 Yoga Teacher Training at the Ayuryoga Eco-Ashram in Karnataka, India
- Taught yoga in Seoul, South Korea
- Training in Pregnancy Yoga
- Training in Kids Yoga
- Moved to Los Angeles
- Taught yoga in various studios throughout L.A.
- Moved to Zurich
- Began teaching yoga at Nextlevel Sportsclub
- Began the Masters Program in International Relations at the University of Lucerne
- RYT 500 Advanced Yoga Teacher Training at Kashish Yoga in Goa, India
- Began teaching yoga at Yoga Spirit and ATHAYOGA
I would like to, first and foremost, thank my family – especially my mother, father and brother – for their incredible support following my passion in yoga. From the bottom of my heart I would like to thank my students and teachers for all the dedication and inspiration every single day. My friends – thank you for your humour and support. With love to all, lightness and happiness to every being.